Friday, October 16, 2009

The Time is Now!

I have a confession to make: I have not started packing. -_- Part of it is because I still need most of the stuff I have to take and another part is b/c I don't want to face the fact that I am leaving.

It just hit me RIGHT NOW that I'm leaving (crying as I type... thanks JHan). I've been having butterflies all day. So many revelations. So much encouragement. So many memories. So many blessings. So much to look forward to. This all feels too surreal! As I sit here typing my last blog entry before I depart, I am so overcome with emotion. God's faithfulness is so humbling, amazing, and beautiful. I have NO DOUBT (not even 0.00001%) that I am called to go to Japan. He made the impossible possible and He's really letting me know that He wants me to be there. As I look forward to all that is to come, I am so excited! There will be times where I might question why I am there, but I think I just need to remind myself that God has great things in store- crazy, unfathomable, God-sized things. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Today was a day of encouragement. God used three people in particular to really provide me with so much joy and words of wisdom. THANK YOU! They were so edifying and exactly what I needed before leaving. There are so many thoughts running through my head right now and I can't seem to process everything, but here are a few...

Advice: Do not look back.
I must not get caught up in what everyone else is doing here and think, "Man, I'm missing out" (especially during LA ReComm Sisters Appreciation -_-). Instead, I must embrace the opportunities, relationships, and ministry that God has given me in Japan and run with it. I'm sure there will my moments of being sad, lonely, or homesick... but I really believe that your prayers will cover me during those times. It's not so much a matter of if I will face them or not (cause FOR SURE I will), but it's more a matter of HOW I WILL DEAL WITH IT. Will I sulk in misery and say, "woe is me?" NO! I don't want to depend on people and turn to them for comfort (although sometimes I might/be tempted to). It is my genuine prayer that God will be my ultimate Comforter; He will be the One wiping away my tears, holding me in His arms, and giving me peace.

Realization: Failure is the mother of success.
There will be times where I will maybe get on the wrong train, walk an hour to get to train station when there is one 5 minutes away, feel so inadequate in communicating to the Japanese people, or simply experiencing straight up rejection. However, I realized that it's okay to experience failure- of course it won't be ULTIMATE failure... more like a lesson learned. :) I can't be afraid to not do something because I'm scared of failing. That in itself is failure. I must be bold and know that even when I stumble and fall, God will pick me back up.

Quote: "Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you." -St. Augustine
There has to be a balance. I think it's pretty self-explanatory. Another quote I really like to use is, "Hope for the best but prepare for the worst."

Prayer requests:
1) I will hold steadfast to the conviction He has given me to do His work in Japan and never forget why I was called in the first place.
2) I will have a safe flight to Japan and things will go smoothly with immigration (visa).
3) God will give my parents and brother peace that transcends all understanding, anxiety, and fears.
4) God will prepare all the hearts of those whom I will encounter: old friends, new faces, and random strangers.
5) I will be joyful in all things. No complaining!

Song: Set the World on Fire by Britt Nicole

I wanna set the world on fire
Until it's burning bright for You
It's everything that I desire
Can I be the one You use?

I, I am small but
You, You are big enough
I, I am weak but
You, You are strong enough to
Take my dreams
Come and give them wings
Lord with You
Nothing I cannot do
Nothing I cannot do

I wanna feed the hungry children
And reach across the farthest land
And tell the broken there is healing
And mercy in the Father's hands

My hands my feet
My everything
My life, my love
Lord, use me

I wanna set the world on fire
I wanna set the world on fire, yeah

I'm
gonna set the world on fire
Set the world on fire

Encouragement: "For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever! Amen." -Romans 11:36

----------------------------------------------------------------

*Send off info:

Saturday, October 17, 2009
8AM prayer send off @ Sarang Community Church
9:30AM meet at LAX (Tom Bradley International- Korean Air)
11:15AM take off

4 comments:

  1. loved it. praying for you girl. go get em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iris! I am praying for you :) hwaiting! I will turn in my support asap.. haha. sorry! I looked up the song, I like it a lot! AH I can't even imagine what you would be feeling right now.. eek! <3 you! Will be supporting you always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my team of girls here will be praying for you :) remember, you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. IRIS <3
    sorry i couldn't make it to the send off :(
    you are most definitely in my prayers! (:

    ReplyDelete