Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Takahashi Kazuki October 20 at 12:29am
Welcome to Japan!
I looked your photo.
Is the jet lag all right?
Are you no good for homesickness?
I will meet you on Saturday.
I need your help!
For a Japanese revival !!!!!
I pray so that you can play an active part in Japan.
God Bless You!!!!








---------------------------------------------------------
:) I was greeted with this in my facebook inbox. I teared up when I read this. Japanese people are so cute and nice. I'm looking forward to serving under him at Shonan Grace Chapel. I'm scared they're going to have pictures of me all over the place... they tend to do that here. HAHAHA. -_-'

I'm feeling so tired lately. Tae was right... I'll be sleeping by 10PM he said. I woke up at 6AM today... no alarm necessary. It's cuz I'm still a bit jet lagged but it's perfect timing. HAHA. I got ready by 7AM and got out of the house by 7:20AM b/c Cho sensei was still sleeping so I had to call him (I didn't want to knock or open the door even though he was like 2 steps away from my room). I stuffed two rolls down and had to ride the bike to the station. I was SOOOO embarrassed b/c that bike has such bad brakes... it hasn't been oiled in a while! -_-; Everyone knows I'm coming behind them when I hit the brakes... it's kinda sad for me. Since it was the first day, Cho sensei went with me. I was so terrified he was going to have me go by myself. Thank the Lord he didn't make it that extreme for the 2nd day. :) We got on a train that was "semi express" and Cho sensei thought it was going to stop at this one station, but it didn't... so we got delayed 10 minutes. -_- He then said in Korean, "Failure is the mother of success." I JUST wrote about that couple entries ago. I love it when things click/connect like that!


My daily route: Tokorozawa --> Ikebukuru then transfer to another line to get from Ikebukuru --> Nishi Nippori. It takes about 55 minutes b/c it's MAD rush hour... like I've never seen this many people in one place. It's so dangerous! It's so funny b/c Japanese people are so nice and polite but when it comes to getting off of a train and in/out of the train station, they push like crazy. It's like watching a herd of sheeps getting out of a gate. -_-; THE FUNNIEST PART... it's like SILENT. People are so quiet... they don't talk on the phone (you have to turn your phone to "manner mode" once you get on the train) and they don't talk to each other much. They read books, listen to music, or straight up knock out (and some do it standing up!). I'm so amazed! I wanted to take a picture... but that's just more awkward. :( Maybe I'll be brave enough one day to show you. Then from the station, I have to walk like 10 minutes to get to class. My class starts at 9AM so I have to leave home by LATEST 7:30AM and that's if I ride my bike to the station. -_- I'm thinking I would rather leave at 7AM and walk- not take the bike. HAHAHA.


SO yeah, today was the first day of school... and I wanted to cry. The respect-me side of me came out because I was so frustrated that I couldn't understand. I was so lost. -_- I took 1 quarter (= 3 months) of Japanese at UCLA junior year but that was like NOTHING. They learned all of that in the 2 weeks I was not there. They started school on the 5th of October and now they are already done with Hiragana & Katakana. They're starting kanji tomorrow. -_- OMG. So many Koreans and Chinese... there is a missionary in that class and he really helps me out. I'm so grateful... at break he even bought me water. :) On the downside, I hate not knowing what's going on... these people had a 2 week head start. I really had to fight the tears... I was praying that I would not feel frustrated but rather see it as an opportunity to study hard. EXTRA MOTIVATION. :D But for now, I'll have to wait until the weekend to start. -_- As the class went on, I was able to pick up on more things, but still it was a very difficult 3.5 hours. *sigh. PLEASE PRAY FOR LANGUAGE ACQUISITION. It's imperative that I learn the language if I want to do any ministry. This is seriously my motivation to even try and not give up. My biggest investment here = language. がんばって。


I found my way back to Ikebukuru where I met up with Cho sensei to eat lunch! I was like STARVED by then... so we went and ate SUSHI! :) I was so happy. But I was so hungry that my stomach shrank and I could only eat 7 plates. I was like SO FULL by the end too... I could barely breathe. :( Oh well, next time. HAHA. It's so cheap and fresh in Japan! LOVES IT!

Then we went back to his office-tel to plan out the next 3 months. I'm going to be pretty busy. -_- But I'm excited!!! I'm especially excited for 12/19/09 b/c there's going to be a special CHRISTMAS LOVE CONCERT. Please take a look at this flyer and tell me if you see what I see. It's truly a dream come true. I think I am going to faint. HAHAHA. :) "If it's meant to be, it'll happen."



After planning, we got back on the train. We got back to Tokorozawa station by 4PM and I went to the 100yen shop to buy some snacks/drinks for class... it's so expensive to buy food and I just need to make due with what I have. Everything in Japan is so expensive (takai)! :( So sad...



I exchanged $700 and I only got ¥61, 369 (which means I lose like $90). The dollar is so weak. I'm suffering. -_-; Please pray that it will get better soon! The rate is like 87.67 for $1. poop.

I got home and just felt SOOOO tired. It's really hitting me and all I want to do is sleep. HAHA. But I'm forcing myself to stay up at least until 10PM. It's been good listening to a lot of Christian music (on PLAY >> Rush of Fools) and just following the Bible reading chart (yay eCollege!). The missionary has a nephew staying over and I try to talk to him. He just plays on the computer. -_- I am trying to change that. HAHA.

Tomorrow is another day! I have to find the school on my own. -_- Please pray that I don't get lost. HAHA. It's one of my biggest fears... I pray that everyone is doing well and giving their best for God! Even in the littlest of things, God can be glorified.

Advice of the day: Prayer walk! It's so crazy what God will reveal to you and how much your heart is encouraged when you pray while you walk. :) You will be blessed. I guarantee it.

Word of encouragement: 1 Peter 4:7-10
"The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."

Picture of the day: the bane of my existence. -_______-


KEEP THE FAITH!

10 comments:

  1. loved it. i liked the part where u said u wanted to cry. so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. Is that TIM I see?!!!!!!! :O
    JEALOUS!

    Don't worry, Iris. I KNOW you'll catch up in class. I have complete and utter faith in you. :]

    Stay safe and be careful during rush hour. :[
    I'll be praying for you~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. TIM!!! hahah thats so cool!
    thank you for updating your blog!
    its a huge encouragement to me!!

    Studying hard + divine intervention= Iris speaking Japanese fluently! hehe (:

    I'm praying and cheering for you Iris!
    HWAITINGGGGGG

    <3

    Jin Tae

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. HAHAHAHA TIM!!!!!! girl, stop leaving it to fate and just MAKE IT HAPPEN! it's about time...
    2. SUSHI~!! jealous.
    3. at least you get an adorable little basket in the front of your bike! i imagine you looking so cute on that thing :D
    4. i miss you.
    5. i'm praying for you.
    6. I LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. takahashi sensei! did we ever tell you the story of how me and hirotsu would go to the beach every morning to go body boarding and we would always tell sensei to come but he didnt. and then one day it was raining and the night before joe and i decided not to go the next morning but at 6am joe woke me up saying Calvin we have to go. and i was like WTHECK we decided not to go last night but he was like NO we HAVE to go...and i was like WHY?! and he was like just open your eyes and i did and i saw takahashi sensei in the doorway in a full wetsuit waiting for us to go to the beach...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

    omg funniest thing in the world.
    tell him i said hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm so glad to hear that you arrived safely. You are so brave Iris and I'm so excited (truly truly excited) for you!!!

    Be careful on the bike & hopefully you can oil it to make it less squeaky! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your updates Iris!
    I really feel like I am walking with you in your schedule! hahaha!!
    がんばって!!

    I am praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey chopstick..

    i feel ya on the being incompetent part.. sometimes i got no clue what is going on at work.. but it's all good cause we are not called to succeed but to be faithful (sounds familiar?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. stay strong noona! hahaha i like the letter :D and study hard to keep up with the japanese! you should watch anime to help you hahaha...actually thats a guy thing

    ReplyDelete