Wednesday, April 21, 2010

For No Apparent Reason...

I had one of the best days ever. :)

I'm guessing the weather had something to do with it.
The weather was nice and sunny. It's finally starting to get warmer.
It's looking a lot more like SPRING! Praise God for the sun (and Son).

Today I...
-got to school on time
-did well on my kanji test
-had a great conversation/hang out time with my unni from school
-ate at a new restaurant and it turned out to be delicious (love going to new places!)
-bought myself a soft twist
-skyped/gchatted with friends from home
-chilled by myself at McDonald's with a cup of coffee
-helped my tutor kid write a diary entry in cursive about his swimming class (it was surprisingly fun)
-tutor kid's mom made me 약밥 (yakbap)
-rode my bike home
-ran in (light) rain with my Asics (thanks mom!)
-shaved my legs for the first time since I arrived
-read Matthew and my favorite parable
-finished watching the Blindside (great movie that I HIGHLY recommend you watch)

One bad thing about today: I lost my dark grey scarf at the Ikebukuro train station. -_-; I bought it at UNIQLO for only 500 yen (around $5.50) and stupid me didn't tie it around my bag (just hung it loosely) and now it's gone. I was sad! I'm not one to lose things... and so I was pretty upset. The only thing that kept me from going crazy was my good mood. It's so funny how that works... things can change so drastically depending on how you feel! But one thing that is constant... is God and His love for you and me! So smile!

It was no "special" day... but I was so happy and joyful.
I couldn't help but smile the whole day.
I'm so grateful to be alive.
God is good. TOO GOOD.

Let's count our blessings... we have SO MUCH to be grateful for!

4 comments:

  1. Iris! Reading this made me smile. I'm glad you had a good day (except for the scarf part :( ) You are such an encouragement, even though you are miles away! Praise God. I will pray that you have more "good mood" days like this :D<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good day! We always need those pick-me-ups every once in a while and I find that God doesn't ever disappoint or neglect us in that particular aspect of life. :) Ganbatte, Ane-ue! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a very successful day :) The best and worst part of Spring is the shaving...

    ReplyDelete
  4. shave...

    praise G for the day

    ReplyDelete