Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Please Keep Me Accountable...

In life, people will not always agree with you. That's a fact. Christians will differ in their thoughts/opinions on certain issues. Life would be so much easier if everyone would agree but that's not possible. -_-; I'm realizing that instead of trying to persuade people that my thinking is correct, I need to leave the transformation part up to God. If I'm the one that needs a change of heart, then by all means, I must let go and let God. In everything, may God receive all the glory, praise, honor, and respect.


I'm posting this because I realized that I'm a person who does not really like to share my flaws. Well, no one really does. However, I feel that in order for me to truly change and become less prideful, I need to be transparent and have others keep me accountable. I pray that you will keep me in prayer so that I can become a better witness, representative, and ambassador of Christ Jesus, our Lord and Savior.


--------------------------------------------


My sticky note that I posted on 2/8/10...


When debating about spiritual things/God, learn to:


1) Be humble.

2) Be patient.

3) Be in control of my emotions (do not get angry).

4) Not always have the last word.

5) Understand that people have seasons for faith (trust in God's timing).

6) Pray for them instead of arguing with them.


--------------------------------------------


"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." -Colossians 3:12-14



6 comments:

  1. hey iris, i am humbled by your transparency and desire to be wholly transformed according to the patterns of Christ. i know we tell each other this again and again, but i know our friendship is a testimony to God's grace. and His grace in our lives never ceases to amaze me.

    i've written a copy of your post it note down (with my name beside it too because i need the exact same things). it's on my prayer TV. what's a prayer TV you ask? Well I have a TV in my room and Thai channels are boring so I decided to put post it prayers on the screen so that I could pray more. cuz computer desktop post-it's are too easily covered up. hahaha.

    i miss you friend, i hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey iris...you never respond to me on gchat!

    it's amazing how much you're enjoying life and ministry in japan...praise God! it sounds like you're learning a grip about him and about yourself too. =)

    i was really reminded this week to pray for you and eric...keep going strong - we're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness. I've always had trouble with this... Thanks for the update Iris! I'll be praying for you. And I'll pray that I can work on the same things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. IRIS. Umm, hellooo... number 4 is SO me. Anyway, not that I haven't been thinking of you before, but lately I have been thinking of you a LOT (no, I'm not a creeper) and I know it's God reminding me to pray for you more often... so amazing struggles must be happening over there in Japan because I really feel this overwhelming responsibility lately to pray for your work there.

    Thanks Iris for sharing all the convictions you have been having all the way there in Japan. Love you! BTW I seriously laughed out loud when I read your friend Eric's post up there about his "Prayer TV"... that's fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was so encouraged by this post! your desire in pursuit of godliness never ceases to remind me time and time again of how much i admire you.

    always praying for you!
    and, your email is on its way <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iris unni, your posts touch me deeply every time. i have difficulty expressing/articulating much of my feelings but have found so much applicative meaning in your words. in God's words.

    you, Eric oppa, and countless others who voice such realizations of God's goodness, justice, perfect will in all things- i know that God is with every individual, speaking through His Holy Spirit. and it is beautiful to witness, even on the computer screen!

    we're praying for your continual strength and reliance upon One, unni. <3

    ReplyDelete