Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's Been a While...

I feel like so much has happened since the last time I updated... well, it has been a week! -_- Gomen nasai (Japanese word of the week: Sorry).

Things are not necessarily busier, but I think I am getting more adapted to life in Japan. :-) The streets don't look as foreign and I'm getting used to the morning rush hour, sights, smell, and sounds. I love Japan. I'm seriously thinking of finding a job here... in the distant future... maybe. I mean, if God wills then I guess I have to!

*It's winter in Japan! MOMIJI (a.k.a. Maple)!

This week was rough. I think the drastic change in weather is affecting my mood. HAHA. Nothing bad... just feeling a tinge of winter blues. People around me, in general, are feeling lonely, sad, depressed. -_- I think God is providing me with so many people to pray for. It's a serious matter but please pray for the people around me. So far, more than 3 people have told me that they are feeling down and not themselves... this is spiritual battle! It's hard to not be affected by all that is going on so please pray that I will have strength to continue encouraging them and not fall victim myself. I try to remind myself everyday that my joy, strength, and motivation does not come from myself but from God. I want to be most satisfied in God so that He is most satisfied in me. It's definitely hard because sometimes I feel like I'm so busy trying to help others get back on their feet that I have no one to do the same for me. Fortunately, God is there for me and He reminds me that I have the Greatest Helper carrying me when I am feeling weak. Missionary life can be lonely (spiritually) at times but thanks to everyone's prayers, God never lets me feel it for more than a second! :0)

*Class has been so fun! We're all getting closer and we laugh so much! Our class is 50/50... Korean + Chinese. These are my classmates (plus teacher- second from the front right)... please pray for them!



*Harajuku for a day of shopping for winter clothes (Supporters: support $ does not go for shopping... I use personal money from my special supporters a.k.a. parents ^_^). My mission: turtlenecks! It's getting so cold and I can't stand the piercing wind without them. :( Mission accomplished. :) Thank you H&M! There is a Forever 21, H&M, and Zara but I feel like things in Japan are more expensive and so I don't want to buy things. *sigh... it's good for me.

I met up with my dongseng, Sophia! She came back from Korea and we're meeting up once a week so far! We shared/talked for like 3 hours @ Wolfgang Puck Express (we need some American food in our system)! :D We understand each other and I'm so grateful that God brought her to me! She's been such a huge encouragement! Praise God for surrounding me with an amazing sister!

On Fridays, I go to Tokyo Baptist Church for their weekly prayer meeting. It's been a HUGE BLESSING for me. We sing songs in Korean and there's something about singing songs in Korean that make me feel so emotional. When we pray for Japan, I am reminded of why God brought me here... people are praying and God is moving! He never lets me lose sight of the hope that God will bring revival! My heart always leaves so refreshed and renewed! Any/all burden I was carrying that week is completely removed and I feel so light! I have so much joy... I wish I could share it with everyone I meet in Japan! Pray that it will be possible. :)

On Saturday, it was the city of Hiratsuka's Christmas concert starring Mori Yuri (a Christian singer). I think around 600-700 people were there! Praise God! The show started off with a hip hop dance performed by the kids! It was soooo adorable + precious! Mikito was part of the dance and you can just imagine how cute he was! I have a video clip but I need to figure out how to upload it first... But yeah, I felt like I was watching the future Christians of Japan. I thought about how happy God must've been to see His children dancing. I truly believe that some people were able to experience God for the first time... please pray that God will make the seed grow!





*She told her story of how her brother died 14 years ago during the Kobe earthquake... at the age of 22. People were crying as she shared her testimony. I couldn't help but to think that even though it was such a tragic event, God still redeemed it and is using it for His glory. Praise God!

After the concert, Miyuki-chan and I went to have tea time and share at Cafe Comme Cas. :) We're getting closer because of the relationship we are building upon Christ and I feel so happy when I hang out with her! God really blessed me by bringing her into my life and giving us an opportunity to grow together! She's become one of my closest friends here... she's such a beautiful person inside and out! :0) Please pray that she can grow into a stronger woman of God and become one of the Christian leaders who will usher in revival in Japan! God is going to use her mightily!


*Two of the best cream custard strawberry tart + chocolate custard fruit tart ever! Cup of cafe latte + yummy dessert + good company = a day well spent.

Homestay at Takahashi sensei + Naomi san's house has been more than a blast! Their kids are so adorable and we play together now. :) So cute! I love how I caught them at their best moment. HAHA.


Prayer topics:

Tomorrow is Tsudajuku College's Candlelight service! I'm excited to hear Kazumi-chan's testimony of how she was saved while studying abroad in Australia! Please pray for her testimony so that it would not be her words but the Holy Spirit speaking through her.

CHRISTMAS IS COMING! This Saturday is Shonan Grace Chapel's Kids' Christmas... around 60 people will be coming! Please pray for the event- especially the hearts of the people so that the seed can be planted!

This is a lonely time! Today alone there were 3 accidents on the train lines. Accidents usually mean people jumped. -_-; In Japan every year, 30,000 people commit suicide. Please pray that the stronghold of Satan will be broken! People here have no hope and no reason to continue living. If they knew that God could change their lives and give them purpose, how different would this nation be?! Don't stop praying for Japan... they need our prayers!

"So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."
1 Corinthians 3:7-9

7 comments:

  1. YES UPDATE ON THE 8th!
    FRESH MATERIAL.
    you will be prayed for.
    off to my korean final!


    ...mmm custard cake...

    ReplyDelete
  2. IRIS~! :D
    Darn the cold weather! Don't be sad! lol.
    I know God's going to use you like crazy to brighten people up- cause you're the ultimate encourager. Freals.
    It's such a blessing to read about the amazing things God's doing in Japan! And all the new relationships you're building! And upcoming Christmas events! KAKAKA. I will be praying! <3 Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for your encouragement.
    glad all things are falling into place and that you are seeing things for how God wants you to see them. Be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iris! You're updates are always so fun to read haha... I will keep Japan in my prayers! It's hard to relate sometimes because I went to Thailand last summer but I can see that God is showing you many things and is using you mightily! Keep working for his kingdom!! :)

    Oh and this is Kevin Lee from USC by the way. Just in case you didn't know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the boy must fall in love with super-sentai tv series and the girl seems to be obsessed with ice-cream & chocolate hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. IRIS !

    its really cold back in CT too T.T
    im so happy that youre encouraging people in japan, its one of your gifts for sure~~
    remember that you have a ton of people back home praying for you too :)

    miss you! proud of youuu ^^

    -tony

    ReplyDelete