Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend Update

God has really been putting the need for PRAYER in my heart. I truly believe that if revival is to come to Japan, it will come through fervent prayer. The churches in Japan need to come together to pray for the nation and I find that it is really lacking- maybe it's because I'm Korean that I can say I've witnessed the power of prayer through the tears and passion of the first generation. I've been praying that God will give me the boldness and courage to reach out to people at my church so that we can pray for Japan. Every Saturday at 9AM, Takahashi sensei, Eiko-san, me and a couple others (varies every week) come together to pray at Shonan Daira. There are only like 5 people max every week... we need to change this! I'm praying that God will stir the hearts of His people to pray more and desire prayer more! I invite people but that's all I can do. Please pray that I won't be scared of rejection from man and that I will continue to encourage more people to commit to prayer!

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for always remembering to pray for me AND Japan. :) I get really encouraged when I hear that people at home are praying for this country too. I always tell the Japanese Christians I meet that people in America are praying for them... they always say, "thank you" and they're truly SOOOO grateful.

I know I posted pictures last time, but it was too cold/hazy... this time, you can see a lot more! On this particular day, it was clear, blue skies with the sunlight hitting the ocean waves... it was soooo beautiful! God is such a wonderful Maker.


I found it! Erica told me to look for it... and to be honest, I didn't find it myself... Eiko-san told me. HAHA. It was kind of disturbing. I was expecting, "Jesus + you" but nope. -_-

This weekend was very packed. I had my first homestay at Akio-san's house! Chika-san prepared an amazing & healthy dinner. They have three boys: Ritsu, Augo, Tera. Being with them, I realized... boys are not bad... I just can't handle all three of my children being boys. I NEED at least one girl. :) I want a baby. -_-


For dessert = yummy cakes that tasted better because they were so mini/cute. :) Japanese pastries are so good.


The boys sacrificed their room for one night so that I can sleep there. :0) One thing I realized was that Japanese beds are really hard. -_- I'm a side sleeper and there is no cushion for my hip bones. :( Second picture: I woke up to a picture on the ceiling & origami hanging right above me.


On Sunday, the girls (Tamaki, Ru, Kotone) and I made lunch together! People here love pasta! haha. We made eggplant, tomato, basil, mozzarella cheese, garlic pasta! yum-o.


After lunch, Eiko-san and I walked to the beach (literally 5 minutes away). We prayed for Japan while looking out into the ocean. It was super windy! -_- Our hair was going crazy. The sky was so nice... like a painting.


Shinjuku. I finally saw the city city. I live in the suburbs and the places I've been so far haven't been too showy. I felt like I was in Myungdong (South Korea).


Ken and I went to eat curry katsu at Little Spoon... one of his favorite restaurants in Shinjuku. It was good! :-P


Ken took me to where he works in Akasaka. They gave us free nachos and cranberry juice. :) But I gotta say... it was nothing compared to Mexican food in America... which I miss terribly :( Can someone send me some King Taco or El Taurino? And no, please do not send pictures of the food or you eating the food. -_- I don't know why he was putting his gum out like that...


Today was a national holiday: Japanese Cultural Holiday. I've never been more excited for a holiday... okay, maybe that's a lie, but still I was VERY happy. I got to sleep in until 9AM and it felt so good. :) I did laundry (had to hang dry everything b/c in Japan there are no dryers that run on gas... it's too expensive. So if I want to dry my clothes, I have to go to the laundromat and pay 100 yen or $1.11 for 10 minutes. -_- I realized, America is such a wasteful nation. :( But at the same time, I miss it because things are so convenient/comfortable. HAHA. People, be thankful for your dryers- it's a luxury. Then after doing laundry for 3 hours, I finally got ready to face the cold and pedal my way over to the mall. This was my FIRST time stepping foot inside a Japanese mall and I must say... it reminds me a lot of Korean malls. I went in for one purpose: buy a carrying case for my schools books. My new favorite store: Loft. They have everything cute... mostly stationery, cards, stickers, pens, calendars, unnecessary stuff that are so cute you convince yourself you need it, etc. :) HAHAHA. But I was a good girl and I completed my mission and left! I rode my bike home and my hands almost froze in the position I was gripping the handle bars. :*(

Fall is officially here and there has been a drastic change in the weather in just one day! It's getting very, very chilly/windy... to the point where it hurts/stings/tingles. However, I must endure! It's going to be a cold winter, but thank God for heaters & house socks: the two things that keep my feet warm. :)


How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in?
And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard?
And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
And how can they preach unless they are sent?
As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
Romans 10:14-15

6 comments:

  1. LOLOLOL I WAS THERE WHEN MARK CARVED THAT!!! AHAHAHAHHAHA AND THE BEACH! thats where me and joe body boarded every morning! or tried to...

    and....THE THREE AMIGOS! doode. augo is frikking genius huh? did they make him pray yet? he sounds like a professional. and he's hilarious. even though i dont understand half the things he says.

    and looking at the pics of shonan diara encourages me to pray even more for Japan. Iris...i have some things to talk to you about...on skype. ok? its about japan. and what ive been praying/receiving lately. its cohrazy. and im glad for a new post. i check this in the mornings right before i go into a time of prayer just to see if there are any new prayer updates :)

    and there are! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha how beautiful are the feet indeed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iris! Omg I've been hearing about that "Mark + Tae" thing.. It's so funny to actually see what it looks like! hahaha. AHH IRIS, my heart for Japan has grown soo much recently, out of nowhere! (well, not REALLY out of nowhere.. i think it's because I was at SEEK) haha but yeah. Aw I couldn't stop crying as I prayed for the Japanese people. It's so wonderful that you are there as our representative :) Ganbatte!! Always praying for you and Japan~

    ReplyDelete
  4. my stomach is growling looking at your dessert pictures :'(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, I heard about the inscription too! That's cute :)

    Aw, I laughed so much while reading this post. I can totally imagine you saying all this to me in person, with hand gestures, facial expressions and the whole shpeal :) I miss you so much. I can't really put into words just how much!

    I read Takahashi sensei's comments on the pictures of Joe&me. Hahaha, they are so funny. If you haven't already, please read them :)

    Just know that you are in my prayers. Revival will come through in Japan! I believe it too!

    I miss you, Iris..

    ReplyDelete